Are Social Work Therapy Services Covered?

Angela G. Gentile, MSW, RSW


“Are your services covered?”

I get this question asked many times. If you are in Manitoba and would like to claim the expenses for my Social Work services, please take note of the following options:

There are two ways to claim services offered by a registered social worker:

1. Manitoba Blue Cross Health Spending Account

If you have a Health Spending Account through Manitoba Blue Cross, it states that

“In general, expenses are considered eligible if they qualify as a medical expense tax credit under the Income Tax Act of Canada and have not been 100 per cent reimbursed by another benefit plan.”

2. Medical Expenses on Income Tax Through Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA)

You may be able to claim the therapy on the CRA Income Tax Form, Line 330 – Medical Expenses for Self, Spouse or Common-Law Partner, and your Dependent Children.  Social workers are on their list of approved…

View original post 214 more words


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s